Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by S G <sg...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/17 22:05:17 UTC

How to identify documents failed in a batch request?

Hi,

I am using the following code to send documents to Solr:

        final UpdateRequest request = new UpdateRequest();
        request.setAction(UpdateRequest.ACTION.COMMIT, false, false);
        request.add(docsList);
        UpdateResponse response = request.process(solrClient);

The response returned from the last line does not seem to be very helpful
in determining how I can identify documents failed in a batch request.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks
SG

Re: How to identify documents failed in a batch request?

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
If you enable the "TolerantUpdateProcessor" Solr-side, you can add
documents in bulk allowing some to fail and know which did:

http://www.solr-start.com/javadoc/solr-lucene/org/apache/solr/update/processor/TolerantUpdateProcessorFactory.html