Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by john desmond <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/15 22:25:56 UTC

Using the BigQuery Storage API

Hello,

I am trying to follow the tutorial for reading data from a Big Query table
using java, specifically using the BigQuery Storage API. I am using the
tutorial found here:
https://beam.apache.org/documentation/io/built-in/google-bigquery/

The tutorial suggests using the 2.13.0 version of beam, but many of the
suggested import statements from the source code:
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/examples/java/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/examples/cookbook/BigQueryTornadoes.java

are not supported with this version of beam. For example I am getting
errors in my IDE by trying to use import statements like,

import org.apache.beam.sdk.Pipeline;

I'm not sure how to resolve these statements because the only documentation
I can find is from Beam 2.0.0, e.g.
https://beam.apache.org/releases/javadoc/2.0.0/org/apache/beam/sdk/Pipeline.html

Any suggestions on how to resolve these kinds of issues?

Thank you!

John M. Desmond
(631) 833-2836
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yohn-dezmon/
https://github.com/yohn-dezmon

Re: Using the BigQuery Storage API

Posted by sridhar inuog <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,
           I encountered similar errors while going through the following
guide

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Using+IntelliJ+IDE

and I missed this step

Open *File | Settings...* In left pane, navigate to *Build, Execution,
Deployment | Build Tools | Gradle | Runner*. Select *Delegate IDE build/run
actions to gradle*, and *Run tests using: Gradle Test Runner*. Then select
*Apply* and *OK*.

Cheers,
Sridhar

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.