Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/11/14 19:16:49 UTC

Buildbots

Hi All,

As the current Buildbots arent really working, nodes offline etc, I thought
this would be the best time to migrate your builds over to our newer
replacement
buildbot 3.2 over at ci2.apache.org .

I'll do my best to get them all running as passing as best they can, and
will update this thread with any questions or messages.

My first query is seeing as we have no more i386 or FreeBSD agents/nodes,
I'll probably just go ahead and remove those from the new config file.

HTH

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: Buildbots

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

On 11/16/21 7:15 AM, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gavin,
>>
>> Am 16.11.21 um 09:37 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>>> Hi All.
>>>
>>> Ok so I am making progress.
>>>
>>> The nightly x64 build is running fine. as are the rat builds.
>>> I'll get the 41 branch added today - should we also do a 42 branch build?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> It would be ideal to have all branches (trunk/AOO42X/AOO41X).
>>
> Yep no problem
>

>>> As for the win10 builds I am working on those now.
>>>
>>> I am at a stage in the win10 build where it wants dlls and exe files
>>> (listed below) from an
>>> 'external' directory located on the machine but outside of the build
>>> itself. These get copied in
>>> during a build step.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> No objection against copying these files from whatever location. They
>> haven't changed in the last years but it is always good when we can
>> access them.
>>
>> If you take the files from the old buildbot everything should be the
>> correct version.
>>
>> If you have questions about the Windows builds, feel free to contact me.
>>
> Perfect, new 'openoffice-externals' repository created, I'll put them in
> there
> and have the build(s) pull them in from there.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>>> /////////
>>>
>>> As can be seen at:
>>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-win7/builds/737/steps/externals/logs/stdio

>> and

>> agents/nodes,

Can you point me to info on the tech stack used for the linux64
buildbots like OS platform and how it works.

I'd like to look at future changes that could be made and I'm not
suggesting changing anything your doing now:

A couple questions:
Is it possible to use docker containers to build with?

We have a build verification test suite using JUnit but it requires a GUI.
Are there any options to add something like this to a workflow?

Thanks again for working on this!
Best regards,
Carl

Re: Buildbots