Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jim Nance <jl...@avanticorp.com> on 1998/12/21 15:15:16 UTC

mod_proxy/3568: Accessing URL through proxy server corrupts data.

>Number:         3568
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Accessing URL through proxy server corrupts data.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a proxy server set up with the following configuration:

ProxyRequests On
CacheRoot /usr/local/apache/proxy
CacheSize 10
CacheGcInterval 4
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1

When I try to access the following URL with netscape via the proxy server
I get an empty image:

http://www.mrmnc.com/poweredby.jpg

If I do not use the proxy server I can see the image w/o problem.  I can
reproduce this problem using a Red Hat 5.2 machine running on intel hardware
with the 1.3.3 apache server, and on a Digital Unix 4.0d machine running
the 1.2.6 apache server.  The browser is running on the same machine as the
proxy server in both of these cases.  The browser on the Digital Unix machine
is Netscape Communicator 4.5  The browser on the Linux machine is also Netscape
Communicator, and I think it is also version 4.5.
Other URLs seem to work fine.
Look at http://www.mrmnc.com/poweredby.jpg via an apache caching proxy server.