Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by praba karan <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/15 17:57:01 UTC

Re:Need unique RowID in the Hbase table

Hi,

I am having the Map Reduce program for the uploading the Bulk data into the
Hbase-0.89 from HDFS file system. I need unique row ID for every row
(millions of rows). So that overwriting in the hbase table is to be avoided.
Any solution to overcome the Row ID problem without overwriting in the Hbase
table?

Regards
Jason

Re: Need unique RowID in the Hbase table

Posted by praba karan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Everyone. I used UUID, Thats working fine

Regards
Jason

Posted by Jason <ur...@gmail.com>.
Or based on int/long: