Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hemanth Gundlapudi <he...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/01/26 15:03:55 UTC

ssl connection between two applications running on tomcat

Hi,

we have an application running on tomcat and that needs to securely communicate with other application running on tomcat. can someone please guide me through the steps how to set up the ssl connections between these two application.

from first application :

1. the request data will be sent through XML.
2. clients are securely able to communicate with the first application.

thanks much in advance for the help.

Thanks
Hemanth

Re: ssl connection between two applications running on tomcat

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 26/01/2012 14:03, Hemanth Gundlapudi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have an application running on tomcat and that needs to securely communicate with other application running on tomcat. can someone please guide me through the steps how to set up the ssl connections between these two application.
>
> from first application :
>
> 1. the request data will be sent through XML.
> 2. clients are securely able to communicate with the first application.
>
> thanks much in advance for the help.

So some code in your application running on Tomcat #1 is requesting a
resource from an application on Tomcat #2?

You can read the SSL guide on the website, for Tomcat #2.  I'll assume
you're using some version of Tomcat 7.0 as you didn't say.

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

The SSL code bit on Tomcat #1 is an application problem, rather than a
configuration one.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: ssl connection between two applications running on tomcat

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hemanth Gundlapudi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have an application running on tomcat and that needs to securely communicate with other application running on tomcat. can someone please guide me through the steps how to set up the ssl connections between these two application.

I think that the way to do that, is exactly the same as you would do between two
stand-alone java applications, and that the fact that these applications run under Tomcat
has nothing to do with the matter.

> from first application :
>
> 1. the request data will be sent through XML.
> 2. clients are securely able to communicate with the first application.

This is also irrelevant to the issue.

Re: ssl connection between two applications running on tomcat

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 26/01/2012 20:01, removeps-code@yahoo.com wrote:
> If the 2nd application is secured by SSL, then the 1st application can send requests to it, just like like it would to any other application.  If using self-signed certificates you might need to export the certificate if necessary, import it into a truststore, and use the javax.net.ssl.trustStore property.

Top-posting is annoying.  Please reply, inline, below the relevant
statement/question from the previous correspondants message.

[key:62590808]

Re: ssl connection between two applications running on tomcat

Posted by re...@yahoo.com.