Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/31 08:32:43 UTC

Include patched protoc in pulsar-build docker

Hi all,

Pulsar is using a patched protoc (2.4.1) for generating protobuf files for
java. However it requires a few steps to build the patched protoc. I am
wondering if we should include a patched protoc in the pulsar-build docker
image and then we can use this docker image for generating java protobuf
files.

Is this a good direction to go down? I'd like to hear what are your
thoughts.

- Sijie

Re: Include patched protoc in pulsar-build docker

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thank you Dave. I will give it a try.

- Sijie

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -