Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2019/04/13 20:15:58 UTC

Haskell issues: Failed to load interface for `Network'

Hi *,

there is a reproducible problem with building the Haskell libs. To my best knowledge (which is not very much regarding Haskell) the dependecy in the cabal file has been set correctly to the network package, according to
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/6.4/docs/html/libraries/network/Network.html

That package is also installed:
    [00:12:12]   Building     network-3.0.1.1
    [00:12:36]   Completed    network-3.0.1.1

However, it still throws
    [00:17:40]   src\Thrift\Transport\Handle.hs:34:1: error:
    [00:17:40]       Could not find module `Network'
    [00:17:40]       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
    [00:17:40]      |
    [00:17:40]   34 | import Network

I couldn’t use “Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.” since the error happens on Travis and of course “It Works On My Machine™”.

https://travis-ci.org/apache/thrift/jobs/516419315#L3300

Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful, contributions or patches are highly appreciated.

Thank you,
JensG