Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Luís Fraga <lf...@mobicomp.com> on 2004/10/08 19:36:06 UTC

Measuring marshalling and network times

Hi there,

I sent this message to the user list but I didn't get the type of answer
I needed, so I am trying this list instead.
I hope it is not out of this list scope...

I am using an axis client (1.1) to exchange XML documents (rpc-enc) with
an oracle 9ias soap server.
The documents can reach up to 3Meg and very often the platform's
performance is really slow.

Is there any way of measuring marshalling, unmarshalling and network
times on Axis clients?
I tried to turn on Axis debug but it was too much verbose and I couldn't
make sense out of it.
Are there any logging categories that I can turn on to monitor
marshalling/unmarshalling and network tranfers?

By the way, how does the marshalling process work? Is marshalling done
to a memory buffer and then sent to the http stream
or is marshalling done direclty to the http stream?

Thanks for any help,
   Luís