Posted to users@directory.apache.org by James Dekker <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 02:44:51 UTC

Change default admin password using ldapmodify

Am new to ApacheDS - am using apacheds-2.0.0-M17.

The default password for admin is secret.

Does anyone know where I can change the value to something else?

Inside:

    apacheds/instances/default/conf/config.ldif

Found the following entry:

    ads-pwdattribute: userPassword

When googling it, there are a lot of examples that mention doing it using
Apache Directory Studio but the particular instance I am trying to
configure is running in a Linux shell in a headless (no UI) mode.

Tried using the following command with ldapmodify and the cursor hangs
(keeps blinking) after pressing enter. I even tried prepending it with sudo
and the same thing happens.

    ldapmodify -H ldap://localhost:10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -x -w
secret

Does anyone know why it hangs?

What am I possibly doing wrong?

Thanks again,