Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Oleg Zenzin <oz...@lohika.com> on 2006/04/20 13:26:07 UTC

Re[2]: insert BLOB with Derby tools

Andrew,
really thanks for your reply - I started to think my question a matter
of history.
In my case the BLOB is presumed not only for XML docs (we'd use CLOB,
or better varchar for that), but any resource, for instance - pics, or
some other format docs. We keep MIME-type field in that DB to mark
what type of content stored in that BLOB.
From your answer I could conclude that there are no concerns till now
abt BLOB direct insert/import/export (I saw that restriction for
import in the doc). From the first look it doesn't seems complex to
built-in a system function which works with input-output stream based
on URI/URL to resource of BLOB content. What do you think?

oz
--
                           mailto:ozenzin@lohika.com

Thursday, April 20, 2006, 8:44:41 AM, your letter: