Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Robert Burke <lo...@apache.org> on 2022/08/24 22:05:28 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Preparing for 2.42.0 Release

Hi everyone!

The next (2.42.0) release branch cut is scheduled for Sept 7th, according to
the release calendar [1].

I would like to volunteer myself to do this release. My plan is to cut the
branch on that date, and cherrypick release-blocking fixes afterwards, if
any.

Please help me make sure the release goes smoothly by:
- Making sure that any unresolved release blocking issues for 2.42.0 should
have their "Milestone" marked as "2.42.0 Release" as soon as possible.
- Reviewing the current release blockers [2] and remove the Milestone if
they don't meet the criteria at [3].

Let me know if you have any comments/objections/questions.

Due to travel, I will be unavailable to answer any emails from August 26th
until Sept 5th, but cut blocking concerns will be resolved before I make
the cut, and will delay it if necessary. This thread will be notified in
that instance.

Thanks,
Robert Burke

[1]
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=0p73sl034k80oob7seouanigd0%40group.calendar.google.com
[2] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/4
[3] https://beam.apache.org/contribute/release-blocking/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Preparing for 2.42.0 Release

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
I'm feeling much better.

Cherry picks have quieted down, so I'll be working on an RC0 tomorrow.

Your friendly neighborhood release manager
Robert Burke

Posted by Robert Burke <lo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Burke <lo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Burke <lo...@apache.org>.