Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brett Knights <kn...@tanner.com> on 2002/07/25 23:26:43 UTC

Apache 2, Win32, TC 4.0.4, mod JK and two servers

Hi,
I am attempting to transition to Apache2 under Windows NT.

I have two servers. Server1 is running Apache with several virtual hosts.
Server2 is running Apache2 and Tomcat 4.0.4 final.

One of the virtual hosts on Server1 needs to forward some requests to a
webapp on Server2.
Under Apache 1.3.24 this worked using mod_webapp. That no longer appears to
be an option.

I have tested serving remote webapps using mod_jk. In my test case where I
had two virtual servers on the Apache2 machine it appeared to access a
Tomcat instance across the network without problems.

Now I am trying to release the system but I cannot get Server1 to talk to
Tomcat on Server2 using mod_jk and ajp13. The 404 error message is from
Server1 so I assume the problem lies there. Server2 is still successfully
serving the webapp via mod_webapp.

# from httpd.conf outside <VirtualHost> #WebAppConnection works with Apache
1.3
JkWorkersFile "c:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "c:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/logs/jk.log"
JkLogLevel debug
##WebAppConnection mis2TCConn      warp  192.168.104.2:8008

# from httpd.conf inside <VirtualHost> #WebAppDeploy works with Apache 1.3
##WebAppDeploy  keychain mis2TCConn      /orders
JkMount /keychain/* ajp13a
JkMount /keychain ajp13a
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   ^/orders/(.*)$  /keychain/$1 [PT]

# from workers.properties
ps=\

workers.list=ajp13a

worker.ajp13a.port=8018
worker.ajp13a.host=192.168.104.2
worker.ajp13a.type=ajp13

Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated.