Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 23:25:11 UTC

Odd number of page parameters - why IllegalStateException ?

Hi all,

I would like to ask,
why the default URL strategy throws IllegalStateException, when there is odd
number of parameters ?

We have a problem with this way handling, because our users rewrite URLs
manually
(we cannot prevent users from doing this).

Our pages are stateless and they don't use any parameters - BUT there are
throwing exceptions
and showing InternalErrorPage-s. It is presented like a serious problem like
DB, or like service failed
but there is no problem actually - only parameters, that are not used.

I think, that page parameters should not result in INTERNAL ERROR,
because there are many cases, where this is not relevant.
There should be an alternative way - some custom handling or ignoring
parameters in such a situation.

What do you think about this problem ?

Thanks

Re: Odd number of page parameters - why IllegalStateException ?

Posted by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com>.
oki, thx

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.