Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@iu.edu> on 2012/10/21 18:27:04 UTC

[TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.5 RC1

Hi All,

The Apache Airavata 0.5 RC 1 is ready for testing. Can you please test and report any issues?

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/0.5/RC1/apache-airavata-0.5-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

Cheers,
Suresh

Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.5 RC1

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Thanks every one for testing the RC and committing fixes for identified issues. I will godhead and branch the 0.5 and open the trunk for development. I start preparing the release from the branch.

Suresh

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot close a connection while a transaction is still active.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
	... 11 more

Any one insights?

Suresh
On Oct 22, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> I agree its is wrong. I just took a binary build from the trunk. How about we all do testing and fixes today to the trunk? And tomorrow morning I will branch the trunk to 0.5 and do a proper release RC, that will take away the SNAPSHOT.
>
> Based on the release notes, we need to test the following (among other features):
>
> * Five and 10 minute tutorials
> * Running a job on a Grid (say XSEDE Ranger and Trestles)
> * Workflows which input third party urls as input (http, gsiftp) staged to a compute host, execute the job.
> * Stage out the workflow produced output to a third party location.
> * All registry operations
> * Airavata API operations for workflow submissions and Registry Interactions
>
> Suresh
>
> On Oct 22, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its wrong we have SNAPSHOT in the pack ? What do you think Suresh ?
>>
>> Lahiru
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena
>> <ka...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I ran some simple workflows in the new build and I can see some log
>>> messages are duplicated in xbaya console. This is the console log I get,
>>> when I run a workflow. I think we should get rid of this duplicate
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> WORKFLOW_INVOKED
>>> WORKFLOW_INVOKED
>>> INVOKING_SERVICE