Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> on 2004/10/07 03:50:35 UTC

XForms/DENG passing parameters to Cocoon?

Hi all,
I hope this isn't too specialized a question.

I've been trying to use XForms in Cocoon, as has been discussed here
recently. I'm using Mozquito DENG (http://claus.packts.net/deng/) to render
the XForms. In general it works well, but when it comes to hitting the
submit button, I have not been successful in getting DENG to communicate the
data values to Cocoon. I can get Cocoon to receive values from a regular
HTML form (as request parameters - whether using get, post, or put) or from
a Cocoon Form; I can also run a demo
(http://claus.packts.net/deng/deng_test.php?f=examples/xforms/googel.html&de
bug=1) of DENG submitting values to a php script and it works. But I have
not been able to set up a DENG/XForm page so that I can hit "submit" and
have a Cocoon XSP page down the pipeline receive the data. The XSP acts like
no parameters have been received.
If anyone has managed to receive form data from DENG, I would appreciate a
holler.

The files I'm using can be found at
http://www.huttar.net/lars-kathy/tmp/form-submit-test.zip.

Put them in a Cocoon folder somewhere where sitemap.xmap will be mounted; it
will mount the other sitemaps.
The index page gives links to test both XForms/DENG and an HTML form.
(Ignore the CForms links.)
The XForm is in update-LS-deng.xhtml.

My understanding is that the XForm should submit the data with request
parameters whose names are the names of the leaf elements in my XML
instance, i.e. Linguistic_Subgroup_Id and Subgroup_Name. This works with the
corresponding HTML form. But with XForm/DENG, the parameters don't seem to
be there.
I've tried it with and without namespaces for the element names.
I've also tried all three submit methods with various variations.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Lars

RE: XForms/DENG passing parameters to Cocoon?

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
P.S.
I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2, but I also tried 2.1.5.1 and I get the same results
(HTML form works, XForm/DENG doesn't).