Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Abhishek Ghosh <ab...@apple.com> on 2015/04/02 15:20:36 UTC

Information about task scheduling on cluster level

Hi,

We are trying to implement the task scheduling framework in the cluster level, the use case is such that we should be able to divide a job into tasks and able to assign a task in a particular cluster. Is this possible? If yes can you please provide some documentation on how this can be achieved.

Till now we are able to schedule a job and assign the tasks to the nodes, we have configured the clusters in master slave state model and restricting the tasks to be run on the master. So whenever a master goes down a node which has made transition from slave to master will take up the task. To maintain the task assigned to particular cluster we are kind of hardcoded the task to nodes in the cluster(based on the external view of the resource).

We want to scale up this application such that a node can serve more than one task at a time. Is this possible? If yes can you please provide documentation(including Target Partitioner, rebalancer and provisioner). Also can you please give some info how to use TaskCallBackContext for various events as a controller.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Re: Information about task scheduling on cluster level

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Can you please provide some additional details

   - What version of Helix are you using.
   - What do you mean "hard coded the task to nodes in cluster", does this
   mean you are setting custom idealstate.

to reply to user mailing list. we are available on irc #apachehelix if its
easier to get more information

thanks,
Kishore G