Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org> on 2012/02/19 18:22:01 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Sqoop from Apache

The Apache Sqoop project entered incubator in June of 2011. Since then we
have added three new committers from diverse organizations and added two
new PPMC members. The codebase of our product has steadily grown and we
have made two releases following the ASF policies and guidelines. Thanks to
the excellent mentorship we have received through this period, we have
learnt to self-govern and grow our community using accepted Apache
practices. Sqoop continues to attract interest from contributors and users
from all across the world.

Given these milestones, I strongly feel that Sqoop is ready to graduate
from Incubator.

The first step towards graduation is to vote as a community that Sqoop is
ready to graduate. If the vote is successful, we will draft a board
resolution proposal and call it to vote on the general Incubator list. The
complete graduation process is described [1].

Please cast your votes:

[  ]  +1 Graduate Sqoop from Incubator
[  ]  +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Sqoop
[  ]  -1 Reject graduation of Sqoop from Incubator

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours from now.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sqoop from Apache

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvind...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sqoop from Apache

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Kathleen Ting <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Zimdars, Paul A (3880-Affiliate)" <Pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1!

Posted by Alex Newman <po...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sqoop from Apache

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
The VOTE is now closed. I will be sending a RESULT mail separately.

Thanks to all who voted.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.