Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by cc...@ascc.net on 2008/03/24 08:31:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Wrong default character setting when list file(Options Indexes)

Hi
     I have a problem when I tried to migrate data
from apache 1.3 to apache 2.0

I need to list all my file in public_html(just set
"Options Indexes" to enable it)

With Apache 2.0
I found that all filename with chinese (big5) are
wrong character setting(ISO-8859) in my
browser(firefox).
It's ok if I change the character setting in my
browser,
but after refreshing the page with F5,
the character setting chage back to ISO-8859

But it's all OK in the Apache 1.3
I want to know how to set the default character
setting to what I want in the apache conf ?

I have tried to add these setting

DefaultLanguage zh-TW
LanguagePriority zh-TW
AddDefaultCharset Big5

but this problem is still there....

Could anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks a lot
and sorry for my poor english.

Re: [users@httpd] Wrong default character setting when list file(Options Indexes)

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:31 AM,  <cc...@ascc.net> wrote:
> Hi
>       I have a problem when I tried to migrate data from apache 1.3 to
> apache 2.0
>
>  I need to list all my file in public_html(just set "Options Indexes" to
> enable it)
>
>  With Apache 2.0
>  I found that all filename with chinese (big5) are wrong character
> setting(ISO-8859) in my browser(firefox).
>  It's ok if I change the character setting in my browser,
>  but after refreshing the page with F5,
>  the character setting chage back to ISO-8859
>
>  But it's all OK in the Apache 1.3
>
>  I want to know how to set the default character setting to what I want in
> the apache conf ?
>

>  I have tried to add these setting
>
>  DefaultLanguage zh-TW
>  LanguagePriority zh-TW