Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2019/06/19 09:46:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Turbine version 5.0 released!

Hi all,

you didn't expect it probably, but it actually got be done finally:

A new Turbine version was released and is now ready to use!

This are the important changes:

 - Servlet-api 3.1.0
 - Velocity 2.0
 - New Valve DefaultSetEncodingValve, move all charset related code to new
org.apache.turbine.util.LocaleUtils
-  Update HtmlPageAttributes to deliver a default Doctype for HTML 5
 - Log4j2 replacing log4j, commons-logging with adapters, remove non
transitive slf4j dependency (still optional/transitive)
 - UADetector instead of YAUAA
 - Plain JSON (+secure) screen added
 - More use of Java 8 feature (functional interfaces, streams,
autocloseables)
 - AnnotationProcessor (ACL) improved
 - More smaller changes and fixes

Find out more here:

- https://turbine.apache.org/turbine/turbine-5.0/changes-report.html.

 Java Dependency updates:

 - Update to commons-configuration2 2.4, commons-lang3 3.8.1, co
 - Remove non transitive dependencies commons-configuration, commons-io,
commons-lang
 - Remove ecs module related code (TimeSelector, DateSelector)
 - Replace jython with jython-standalone 2.7.1
 - Update of all Fulcrum components *

* Fulcrum pool is now used no more in Fulcrum parser component, but
instead of this commons pool2/dbcp2.
Due to this you might want to read this bug report, which should be fixed
soon: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRB-100.

Thanks to all the contributors!

Best regards,

Georg Kallidis

on behalf of

- https://turbine.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Turbine version 5.0 released!

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.
Way to go team! A lot of man hours went into this release, and I want to
thank everyone for your efforts.

-
Jeffery