Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Dan Brian <da...@brians.org> on 2005/04/26 21:24:32 UTC

libapreq2-2.05-dev compile problem

Greetings -

After a clean and default httpd-2.0.54 install, perl 5.8.5 on a new
FreeBSD 5.3, libapreq2-2.05-dev (as well as the most recent SVN
snapshots) gives me the following:

make  all-am
source='parser.c' object='parser.lo' libtool=yes
depfile='.deps/parser.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/parser.TPlo'  depmode=gcc3
/usr/local/bin/bash ../depcomp  /usr/local/bin/bash ../libtool
--mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include
-I/usr/local/apache2/include  -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT
-D_THREAD_SAFE  -g -O2 -c -o parser.lo `test -f 'parser.c' || echo
'./'`parser.c
  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I/usr/local/apache2/include
-I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -c parser.c -MT
parser.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/parser.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/parser.o
parser.c:84: error: syntax error before '*' token
parser.c:84: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
*** Error code 1

Configure was:

$ ./configure --enable-perl-glue
--with-apache2-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl

I didn't see this one in the list archive. It happens for me on FreeBSD
4.x as well, and I've seen it on several different systems.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Dan

Re: libapreq2-2.05-dev compile problem

Posted by Dan Brian <da...@brians.org>.
>> For mod_apreq2, I think we should have some API that just locks
>> the hash at the end of the post-config phase.  Unless someone
>> objects, that's what I'll use to replace the rwthread stuff.
>
> Done, with a snapshot uploaded to my usual place. Dan,
> please test it out on your box.

Looks great, no problems. Thanks Joe!

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> For mod_apreq2, I think we should have some API that just locks
> the hash at the end of the post-config phase.  Unless someone
> objects, that's what I'll use to replace the rwthread stuff.

Done, with a snapshot uploaded to my usual place. Dan,
please test it out on your box.

Thanks.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: libapreq2-2.05-dev compile problem

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Dan Brian <da...@brians.org> writes:

> parser.c:84: error: syntax error before '*' token
> parser.c:84: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> *** Error code 1

Most likely: your apr doesn't have threads compiled in.

IMO we can do without the thread-locking code in apreq.  It's
probably overkill for us because the default_parsers hash
shouldn't be modified after the server forks for request handling. So
grabbing a read lock on each subsequent request is wasteful.