Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ColinB <cb...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/08 18:39:39 UTC

pod files

A relatively trivial point, but I notice that the pod files

cgi_to_mod_perl.pod
mod_perl.pod
mod_perl_tuning.pod

which were supplied with mod_perl 1 are missing from mod_perl 2
(perhaps because they need re-writing?)

Is it indended to include these in the final mod_perl 2 release?

Thanks

Colin

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: pod files

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 09:48, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>ColinB wrote:
>>
>>>A relatively trivial point, but I notice that the pod files
>>>
>>>cgi_to_mod_perl.pod
>>>mod_perl.pod
>>>mod_perl_tuning.pod
>>
>>these files are a history and they don't really exist any longer, other than
>>in the distibution (should probably be removed, Philippe?).
>

> Last modified on : 2000/11/25 by stas himself ;-)
>
> If you say they should be forcibly deprecated, no problem.

Yup, we could move the old docs into some dir on perl.apache.org if someone
feels that they are still needed. in any case they are in the cvs, so one can
always retrieve them if needed.

> A quick grep showed that those documents are still refered to:
>
> cgi_to_mod_perl.pod:
>  INSTALL.win32
>  SUPPORT

should be removed from there

> mod_perl.pod:
>  faq/mod_perl_cgi.pod
>  faq/mod_perl_faq.pod

neither these files are needed and should be removed

if we want to distribute docs, we need to put modperl-docs/src/docs/1.0/guide
=> modperl/docs just like we have in modperl-2.0. This can be arranged to
happen on checkout.

> But if this info has all moved to perl.apache.org, I don't see why I
> can't remove those, and update the documentation referring to.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll be changing it tomorrow.

Thanks gozer.

Re: pod files

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 09:48, Stas Bekman wrote:
> ColinB wrote:
> > A relatively trivial point, but I notice that the pod files
> >
> > cgi_to_mod_perl.pod
> > mod_perl.pod
> > mod_perl_tuning.pod
>
> these files are a history and they don't really exist any longer, other than
> in the distibution (should probably be removed, Philippe?).

Last modified on : 2000/11/25 by stas himself ;-)

If you say they should be forcibly deprecated, no problem.

A quick grep showed that those documents are still refered to:

cgi_to_mod_perl.pod:
 INSTALL.win32
 SUPPORT

mod_perl.pod:
 faq/mod_perl_cgi.pod
 faq/mod_perl_faq.pod

But if this info has all moved to perl.apache.org, I don't see why I
can't remove those, and update the documentation referring to.

If nobody objects, I'll be changing it tomorrow.

Gozer out.

Re: pod files

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.