Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mahendra Kariya <ma...@go-jek.com> on 2017/01/12 11:13:12 UTC

Kafka consumer offset info lost

Hey All,

We have a Kafka cluster hosted on Google Cloud. There was some network
issue on the cloud and suddenly, the offset for a particular consumer group
got reset to earliest and all of a sudden the lag was in millions. We
aren't able to figure out what went wrong. Has anybody faced the
same/similar issue? Does anybody have any debugging tips?

Some relevant info:

   - The auto.offset.reset config for the consumer is set to earliest
   - The offsets are stored on Kafka
   - Total nodes on cluster: 4
   - Replication factor: 3
   - Partitions: 50

Re: Kafka consumer offset info lost

Posted by Mahendra Kariya <ma...@go-jek.com>.
Producers were publishing data for the topic. And consumers were also
connected, sending heartbeat pings every 100 ms.

Posted by Michael Freeman <mi...@gmail.com>.