Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com> on 2017/11/06 10:52:57 UTC

source-map compiler argument : path to source

It appears that, when generating the source map for debugging js output, the
path to the source file ("sources" property) is using a relative path.

Since it is possible (and often desirable) to send the output outside the
workspace/project folder (with js-output argument) it seems to me that the
path to the main source file should be an absolute path.

Also, the map is named with a .js.map suffix even for a MXML main source
file. It should follow the extension of the main source file (.js.map or
.mxml.map, depending on the main source file).

Nicolas Granon

RE: source-map compiler argument : path to source

Posted by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com>.
Sorry for my ignorance. I thought that it had to match the "main source"
file extension.
Thank you for this information.

Regarding the source path in the .map file, I personally do not know what
the TS compiler produces.
If I understand correctly, it means that, depending where the output is
sent, the path could be relative (output sent to the project dir) or
absolute (output sent elsewhere) ? In that case, I think we can live with
that ! (assuming the -js-output argument works as expected).

Nicolas Granon

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@apache.org>.