Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/11 09:14:53 UTC

Fwd: 90% of physical memory being used up

Hi All,

Need your help in this.

The physical memory being used up in servers where solr nodes and zk are
installed .
At times the free space goes to 0 MB and slowly frees up some 100 MB
Using the  windows resource monitor when we monitor, if we bring down zk
alone more than 40% of memory is released.

Zk - 3.6.3 and Solr 8.8.2

Has anyone faced issues like this ?

*Thanks,*
*Reej*

Re: Fwd: 90% of physical memory being used up

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 2/11/22 02:14, Reej Nayagam wrote:
> The physical memory being used up in servers where solr nodes and zk are
> installed .
> At times the free space goes to 0 MB and slowly frees up some 100 MB
> Using the  windows resource monitor when we monitor, if we bring down zk
> alone more than 40% of memory is released.

Depending on exactly what you're dealing with, it can be completely
normal for a system to show 0 or near 0 free memory. All modern
operating systems use unallocated memory to cache data on disk.  If
Available memory drops to zero, that's a problem. But Free memory can
drop to zero even on a healthy system.

See if you can gather the screenshot described at the URL below:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SolrPerformanceProblems#SolrPerformanceProblems-Askingforhelponamemory/performanceissue

Thanks,
Shawn