Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Vinay Chella <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/06 01:34:50 UTC

Re: Request to review feature-freeze proposed tickets

Thanks for the responses, I think the summary so far is: committers and
reviewers are positive on reviewing the community tickets mentioned in this
email except for a couple of them that Joshua mentioned, with the caution of
not disrupting the current testing efforts.

Thank you, Ariel, for understanding the concerns and helping with reviews.

Thank you, Jon, for picking up CASSANDRA-14303.

@Joshua, if you can comment on the tickets that concern you that would be
helpful, and I will take them off from my list to track for 4.0.

I would like to help drive these tickets to their completion in 4.0 (either
deferred or committed) unless someone has concerns.

Thanks,
Vinay

Posted by Sumanth Pasupuleti <su...@gmail.com>.
Another note about 14557 - this also lets us fix 3.0 regression where we
cannot bootstrap new nodes until system_auth keyspace (that comes up with
RF=1) is "altered" to a higher RF. Instead, with 14557, one can set yaml
property minimum_keyspace_rf to, say, 3 and system keyspaces would honor it
(more in the JIRA).

Thanks,
Sumanth

Posted by Sumanth Pasupuleti <su...@gmail.com>.