Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2012/05/04 16:51:43 UTC

Testtool removal

Hi at all

I will take over the testtool removal, Just for Information and that no
one other investegate time there. This will make the download size from
Apache OpenOffice a bit smaller.

Question about the Testscripts. They are still in the source code. I
propose to remove the directory testautomation from the source, make a
zip of them and put them in the Archive. maybe we can use them to write
new Tests.

What's your options

Greetings Raphael

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by "O.Felka" <ol...@gmx.de>.
Am 04.05.2012 16:51, schrieb Raphael Bircher:
> Hi at all
>
> I will take over the testtool removal, Just for Information and that no
> one other investegate time there. This will make the download size from
> Apache OpenOffice a bit smaller.

removing the testtool from AOO is ok for me.

> Question about the Testscripts. They are still in the source code. I
> propose to remove the directory testautomation from the source, make a
> zip of them and put them in the Archive. maybe we can use them to write
> new Tests.

As long as we don't have an alternative to testtool
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/VCLTesttool) we should keep
the testscripts in the 3.x source tree.
I've made some regression tests on AOO 3.4 with the testtool and we
shouldn't lose the ability for upcoming 3.x releases.

For AOO 4.x I hope we have a new test environment and hopefully some
regression tests.

Groetjes,
Olaf

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/7/12 3:11 AM, Zhe Liu wrote:
> I think that testautomation can be removed into archive, since no one
> want to write new tests basing on it.

or simply dropped, as Rob mentioned it will be still in svn. We don't
need further archives

Juergen

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
I think that testautomation can be removed into archive, since no one
want to write new tests basing on it.

2012/5/4 Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>:
> Hi at all
>
> I will take over the testtool removal, Just for Information and that no
> one other investegate time there. This will make the download size from
> Apache OpenOffice a bit smaller.
>
> Question about the Testscripts. They are still in the source code. I
> propose to remove the directory testautomation from the source, make a
> zip of them and put them in the Archive. maybe we can use them to write
> new Tests.
>
> What's your options
>
> Greetings Raphael
> --
> My private Homepage: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/

--
Best Regards

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On May 4, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Hi at all
>>
>> I will take over the testtool removal, Just for Information and that no
>> one other investegate time there. This will make the download size from
>> Apache OpenOffice a bit smaller.
>>
>> Question about the Testscripts. They are still in the source code. I
>> propose to remove the directory testautomation from the source, make a
>> zip of them and put them in the Archive. maybe we can use them to write
>> new Tests.
>>
>> What's your options
>>

> Nothing is ever truly deleted from SVN, right?  So do we really need
> to put them in the archive?

Perhaps add a cwiki page for large removals that describes

- paths deleted
- why deleted
- what svn revision
- who ("svn-blame")

Regards,
Dave

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 04.05.12 17:38, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Hi at all
>>
>> I will take over the testtool removal, Just for Information and that no
>> one other investegate time there. This will make the download size from
>> Apache OpenOffice a bit smaller.
>>
>> Question about the Testscripts. They are still in the source code. I
>> propose to remove the directory testautomation from the source, make a
>> zip of them and put them in the Archive. maybe we can use them to write
>> new Tests.
>>
>> What's your options
>>
> Nothing is ever truly deleted from SVN, right?  So do we really need
> to put them in the archive?
That's right, but you have to search them in a older SVN Revision, so
the other thing is easyer. We have over 200 GB in the Archive. The
testscripts are about 100 MB, so that's nothing. I can also pot them on
my apache account, and delete them after one or two years.

Greetings Raphael

Re: Testtool removal

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.