Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 17:37:10 UTC

Apache Felix 2.0.1 - Fragment-Host - The list of packages of the fragment bundles are not at all exported.

I try to link a fragment bundle to its host but it does not succeed with
Apache Felix 2.0.1 which is used on Apache Felix Karaf

Here are the bundles installed for Hibernate :

osgi:install -s
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.dom4j/1.6.1_2
osgi:install -s mvn:org.antlr/com.springsource.antlr/2.7.7
osgi:install -s mvn:org.jgroups/com.springsource.org.jgroups/2.5.1
osgi:install -s
mvn:org.objectweb.asm/com.springsource.org.objectweb.asm/1.5.3
osgi:install -s
mvn:net.sourceforge.cglib/com.springsource.net.sf.cglib/2.2.0
osgi:install -s mvn:org.jboss.javassist/com.springsource.javassist/3.9.0.GA
osgi:install -s mvn:org.hibernate/com.springsource.org.hibernate/3.3.2.GA
osgi:install -s
mvn:org.hibernate/com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations.common/3.3.0.GA
osgi:install -s mvn:org.hibernate/com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb/
3.4.0.GA

and the two bundles involved

[  86] [Installed  ] [            ] [       ] [   60] JBoss Hibernate Entity
Manager (3.4.0.GA) // Fragment bundle
[  89] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60] JBoss Hibernate
Object-Relational Mapper (3.3.2.GA) // its host

using the command

osgi:refresh 89

does not affect the host bundle. The list of packages of the fragment
bundles are not at all exported.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: Apache Felix 2.0.1 - Fragment-Host - The list of packages of the fragment bundles are not at all exported.

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why such info is not provided to the console's user !!!!
That's what I want as well :)

> Surprisingly, using equinox as osgi platform on Apache Felix Karaf allow to
> bind the same Hibernate bundles without any issues !!
equinox implemented fragment support in different way and doesn't
complain the conflict.

-Guo

Re: Apache Felix 2.0.1 - Fragment-Host - The list of packages of the fragment bundles are not at all exported.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Thx.

Adding the property : felix.log.level= 4 in config.properties file of Apache
Felix Karaf helps me

It should be interesting to add it by default as non commented property in
the file otherwise people have to dig Internet ???

Here is the result :

DEBUG: Excluding fragment com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb from
com.springsource.org.hibernate due to conflict with imported package
javassist.bytecode from com.springsource.org.hibernate
DEBUG: Excluding fragment com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations from
com.springsource.org.hibernate due to conflict with imported package
org.slf4j from com.springsource.org.hibernate

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Can you set the framework log level to debug to see if it is complaining
about a conflict between the host and fragment?

-> richard