Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/27 19:11:16 UTC

bundle:refresh

what is the purpose of the refresh command in Karaf 3.0.x?  What effect does
it have on the bundle lifecycle?

I have a WAB (mega bundle WAR) that I just re-built using mvn.  I run
'update xxx'.  Do I need to run 'refresh xxx' as well?  Typically I update
WAB bundle and halt Karaf and restart Karaf to effect changes.

Re: bundle:refresh

Posted by Tim Jones <ti...@mccarthy.co.nz>.
Can you please clarify the expected behaviour as we are not seeing the
osgi:refresh command refresh dependent bundles as you described e.g given

Bundle A version 1.2.0
Bundle B version 1.2.0

where bundle B references services in A (i.e. B dependent upon A)

If I install and start a new Bundle A version 1.2.1 then refreshing Bundle A
does not seem to rewire the dependent bundle B. But if I refresh bundle B
then the later version 1.2.1 of bundle A is now referenced from B. Logging
the OsgiApplicationEvents via a OsgiBundleApplicationContextListener also
shows no dependent bundles being refreshed.

Re: bundle:refresh

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If a bundle(Let's say bundleA) isn't self-contained, which means other bundles depend on this bundle, then "install bundleA" won't take effect immediately, you do need refresh bundleA, this will cause all bundles depending on bundleA refresh(re-resolved) also, so that your changes in bundleA can take effect.

Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat