Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Gregor Frey <gr...@t-online.de> on 2007/03/18 14:58:32 UTC

repository for maven-site-plugin

Hi,
I checked out the tuscnay sources from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java
cleared my local maven repository and run mvn in the sdo subdir.
This led to the following error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' from the repository: Failed
to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not
appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshot (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)

I googled around  and found some other people  reporting the same
problem, but no solution, at least no that worked out for me.

The strange thing is, that the maven-site-plugin seems to be available
at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-SNAPSHOT/
which should be in the search path of maven.

There is no general problem with downloading dependencies from the
internet. Others then the maven-site-plugin were downloaded sucessfully
in the local repository.
And it is not just temporary: I tried the build many times with the same
result.

Can anybody advise?
Ciao
Gregor

Re: repository for maven-site-plugin

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hey Gregor,

I was trying to execute mvn inside tuscany/java/das directory. To solve the
problem at first I executed mvn -U to download the maven update files and
then I downloaded the entire tuscany/java/ repository, once I had the entire
java directory downloaded I executed mvn inside tuscany/java/  instead
tuscany/java/das folder and it worked for me ; ). I expect it work for you
too ; )

Adriano Crestani

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
I'm getting the same problem : (