Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Daxesh Parmar <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/06 12:29:05 UTC

MultiLevel Collapse Supproted by Solr?

Hii, I wanted to know whether solr provides a feature to do a second
collapse on expanded results or not?
For my use case I am doing collapse of fieldA, and getting expandedResults.
I need the expanded results in such a way that all the values under fieldB
are present in expandedResults.

Eg. I am doing a collapse on  MovieCategory, and each MovieCategory will
have a subcategory,
So how Can I ensure I get all Possible Subcategories in expanedResults.
(Can we do a second collapse on subCategories also?)

Thanks.
Daxesh.

Re: MultiLevel Collapse Supproted by Solr?

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Here is the jira that allowed for multiple collapse:

This was a bug fix. I don't think this was ever documented as a feature,
but it should work with Solr 8.5 and beyond.

Here is the follow-on work for expand:

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Posted by Daxesh Parmar <da...@gmail.com>.