Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2016/02/04 01:23:04 UTC

Firefox extension to ease the GitHub / JIRA madness

Hi,

working with both GitHub and JIRA has its challenges. To help a little
bit, I started a Firefox extension:

http://www.markusweimer.com/2016/02/03/better-code-reviews/

For now, it does only one thing: It adds a link to the JIRAs to the
overview page at:

https://github.com/apache/reef/pulls

Next step would be to do the same on the per-pull-request page.
Eventually, I'd like to add the ability to close a JIRA from the PR
page, with all the proper forward- and backward links applied.

Markus

Re: Firefox extension to ease the GitHub / JIRA madness

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2016-02-04 17:05, Dongjoon Hyun wrote:
> I made a PR for that. Since its modular design is good, I can do it by
> making only one file, `manifest.json`.

Awesome. Will check & merge soon.

> By the way, are you planning for Microsoft Edge, too? :-)

Once the extension support for that is out, sure!

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Thanks!

I made a PR for that. Since its modular design is good, I can do it by
making only one file, `manifest.json`.

I'm sure that other people also agree your opinion if they try to use this.
(Maybe, dev/extension ?)

By the way, are you planning for Microsoft Edge, too? :-)

Warmly,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
 Those scenarios sounds very attractive to me, too.
The plugin also can help other similar Apache Project in general.
If you didn't start chrome-plugin stuff,

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Markus.

When I works on Ubuntu, I usually use Firefox as a main browser.

It's great. It really saves my time a lot. Now, I feel inconvenience with
Chrome. :-)

Thanks,
Dongjoon.