Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Pocock <da...@skysoft.com.au> on 2000/11/24 03:07:43 UTC

cocoon for dynamic web system

Hi,

I've developed a php3 based system which lets people build their web site
dynamically (see http://www.vmore.org.au for an example).

I want to add new features to the system and reimplement it using java.  Now
I've found cocoon, and I believe cocoon would be a useful part of the system
and make it easy to add new features.  I am not sure about the performance
of the system.

Currently, I've had single sites on the system getting up to 2000 hits per
hour each.  However, running the cocoon servlet seems to take several
hundred milliseconds each time.  Is there any other way I can use xml, ie if
I use some of the parsers by themselves will I maybe get the desired level
of performance?  Or should I just buy a new server with more CPU's?

Regards,

Daniel