Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2019/01/04 14:47:36 UTC

Begin to provide telemetry and observability for SkyWalking own backend

Hi

SkyWalking 6 is closed to GA. More and more companies have used the SkyWalking in production environment.
I want to make sure SkyWallking cluster itself is stable enough, and also provides enough observability to ops team.

So, I propose this new feature[1]. As first step, I provide APIs and Noop implementor in this pull request[2].
The following steps are
1. Provide Prometheus telemetry provider
2. Design and add metric to the whole backend core.

Feedback welcome.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/issues/2073
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/pull/2123

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108