Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cmose <cj...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/10 14:06:49 UTC

Discovery and server affinity

Boy, I'm full of questions it seems. If a client uses discovery to select a
broker from a network of brokers, is there any sort of server affinity,
e.g., will the client attempt to connect to a broker first on the local
host?

Re: Discovery and server affinity

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Best bet is to modify/extend the DiscoveryTransport.  It seems to me
that what you want to do is somehow add logic that sorts the list of
brokers discovered by the DiscoveryAgenet based on your affinity
rules.  And disable random broker selection in the failover transport
that the the discovery transport uses.

On 8/11/06, cmose <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiram,
> thanks for the information, so basically, if using discovery, a client could
> connect to any broker in that discovery "net" correct?
>
> I haven't looked at the source code at all thus far, but if wouldn't mind
> posting where in it that functionality might lie I *might* be able to find
> the time to take a peak (if you happen to know off hand).
> Thanks!
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > That logic has not been built in yet.  Please send us a patch if you
> > do implement it!
> >
> > On 8/11/06, cmose <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> No one has an answer to this? I can't seem to find any details in the
> >> docs
> >> regarding this....
> >> thanks.

> >> select
> >> affinity,
> >> >

> >> --
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Discovery and server affinity

Posted by cmose <cj...@gmail.com>.
Hiram,

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi,

That logic has not been built in yet.  Please send us a patch if you
do implement it!

On 8/11/06, cmose <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No one has an answer to this? I can't seem to find any details in the docs
> regarding this....
> thanks.
>
> cmose wrote:
> >
> > Boy, I'm full of questions it seems. If a client uses discovery to select
> > a broker from a network of brokers, is there any sort of server affinity,
> > e.g., will the client attempt to connect to a broker first on the local
> > host?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Discovery and server affinity