Posted to repository@apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 17:48:15 UTC

corrupt mirrors

I've forwarded this to infrastructure, but it may be of interest here
(esp. if infrastructure@apache drops the forwarded mail on account of
me not yet on the list)

We have a user claiming that the download of a binary from a mirror
doesnt match the expected. I 'm not sure that its going to be
subverted (hard to do discreetly in java), but we could have a look.
Maybe I'll install it in a win98 vm and see what it thinks it is.

This actually raises an interesting issue w.r.t java decompilers and
diff tools. Do we have anything that could compare the contents of two
archives, and, when it is a jar that is different, do a decompile and
compare to find out exactly how the jars differ?