Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ken Ramirez <kr...@thejavathinktank.org> on 2004/12/30 19:09:05 UTC

Looking for Portlet Contributors

Hello All,

We're currently looking for Portlet contributors for the Gems project
(http://gems.dev.java.net). The following is a list of the portlets
we're looking for. Please let me know if you're interested in
participating and which portlet(s) your interested in contributing to.
You don't have to take on the task of writing the whole portlet
yourself, we can team you up with someone else to write it together. Any
external resources needed by the portlet should be done via pluggable
interfaces and you should include the license (which is available on the
site) at the top of all files. You should also try to include Java doc
comments within the code to make it easier for others to learn your
code. We're still working on the directory structure and the build
process, but this should be completed shortly. There is currently a
small example of a portlet on the site to handle Image Viewing (this
portlet will also be changing in the near future to support additional
features and become a solid image viewing portlet). Please let me know
if you have any questions. Also, please let me know if there are others
that you'd like to see added to the list.

   1.

E-Mail Portlet

   2.

Calendar Portlet

   3.

Address Book Portlet

   4.

Weather Portlet

   5.

Sports Scores Portlet

   6.

Blog Portlet

   7.

RSS Feed Portlet

   8.

Calculator Portlet

   9.

Image Viewer Portlet

  10.

Horoscope Portlet

  11.

Google Search Portlet

  12.

Ads by Google Portlet

  13.

GoogleGroups Portlet

  14.

Amazon Portlet

  15.

UPS Tracking Portlet

  16.

FedEx Tracking Portlet

  17.

Hang-Man Game Portlet

  18.

Cards Game Portlet

  19.

Cartoon of the Day Portlet

  20.

Quote of the Day Portlet

  21.

Dictionary Portlet

  22.

Thesarus Portlet

  23.

Generic Datasource Seach Portlet (wikipedia data, corporate

  24.

Acronym search, internal personel directory, etc..)

  25.

Voting Portlet

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----
Stay on top of all things regarding JSR-168 Portlet and
Portal development by bookmarking the authority on the
subject: http://community.java.net/portlet
*
* News
* Weblogs