Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ayoma Wijethunga <ay...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/29 09:04:22 UTC

[VALIDATOR] Update on TLD list and assistance for new contributor

Dear Dev Team,

Thought, I have been a regular user of Apache projects, I am new to
contributing towards Apache way.

After going through multiple contributor guidelines, I decided to start
with Apache Commons Validation. Mainly because one of our local
parameterised unit test was failing due to TLD list not been up-to date.

It was notices that team was discussing about making the list configurable,
but for the moment I have provided a patch with below JIRA issue :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VALIDATOR-367

As a fresh contributor, I am not very sure if I have done any mistake in
filing the bug and providing the patch file. It would be great if any of
you can correct me if I was wrong. I hope I am not supposed to mark the
issue resolved even though I have provided a path (as a committer should
merge the patch to source).

Finally, I am interested in VALIDATOR-341 as well as VALIDATOR-351. Are we
not planning to implement these as Validator2 is in progress?

Thank you,
Ayoma.

Re: [VALIDATOR] Update on TLD list and assistance for new contributor

Posted by Ayoma Wijethunga <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hello Benedikt,

Thank you for the response. I am surely interested in helping with
Validator2 and I will keep dev list in watch for more details on this.

Seems like VALIDATOR-341 and VALIDATOR-351 are good for a start-up,
to familiarize with Apache Way. I will respond in issues to continue the
discussion with team.

Thank you,
Ayoma.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.