Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Sebastian Dransfeld <se...@sintef.no> on 2004/03/15 17:43:36 UTC

Updating xml-rpc

Is there any plan of making xml-rpc support List and Map, not only
Vector and Hashtable?

Regards
Sebastian

Re: PHP client supporting gzip encoding

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Did some of you known about a PHP XMLRPC client implementation
> supporting gzip encoding ?

Henri, I haven't heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

- Dan

PHP client supporting gzip encoding

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Hi to all,

Did some of you known about a PHP XMLRPC client implementation
supporting gzip encoding ?

Regards and thanks for your help

Re: Updating xml-rpc

Posted by Sebastian Dransfeld <se...@sintef.no>.
On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 03:18, Daniel Rall wrote:
> Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:
> > Is there any plan of making xml-rpc support List and Map, not only
> > Vector and Hashtable?
>
> This is a reasonable enhancement to the 2.x stream.  If you want to see this
> happen, you're likely to have to submit patches and associated change log yourself.

I did send a patch a while ago. This patch changes everything over to
List and Map, and it removes the Exceptions thrown by Base64, since
these aren't in jakarta-commons-codec-1.2 anymore. After applying this
patch 'ant test' will complete without failures.

The secure version of xml-rpc will fail because I haven't updated it. An
overhaul seems very needed, because deprecated messages flourish when
compiling it.

Sebastian

Re: Updating xml-rpc

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.