Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com> on 2017/10/28 11:27:03 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Tag Pull Request with feature tag

Hi All,

As there are more and more PRs coming to the Apache Carbon repository, the review and commit cycle of one PR takes longer time than before. One reason of this is because sometimes it is hard for committer to find the PR to review for certain feature. And in many cases PRs for same feature depends on one and another, it needs to be reviewed in an correct order, which makes this situation even worse.

To make the review more efficient and encourage developer to contribute more, I propose to include one optional tag in PR to reflect which feature the PR belongs to, like:

[CARBONDATA-JiraTicketNumer][FeatureName] title of the PR.

For example, to raise a PR for aggregate table feature, one would raise a PR with title:
[CARBONDATA-1234][AggTable] Support create aggregate table

By doing this, developer will have better idea of which feature does this PR contribute to.

As an example, I propose following feature name for 1.3 release.

1. AggTable
2. Streaming
3. DataMap

Please note that this feature name tag in the PR is not mandatory, and it is for committer's reference only.
New feature name can be discussed via this maillist at anytime.

Regards,
Jacky

Re: [PROPOSAL] Tag Pull Request with feature tag

Posted by Raghunandan S <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, agree with this proposal.

Regards
Liang

回复: [PROPOSAL] Tag Pull Request with feature tag

Posted by 岑玉海 <ce...@163.com>.
+1

Best regards!
Yuhai Cen

在2017年10月30日 10:18,xm_zzc<44...@qq.com> 写道:
+1, we can add a new feature tag called "Spark2.2", OK?

Re: [PROPOSAL] Tag Pull Request with feature tag

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
+1, we can add a new feature tag called "Spark2.2", OK?