Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 17:56:38 UTC

extract and add fields on the fly

Is it possible to use curl to upload a document (for extract & indexing)
and specify some fields on the fly?

sort of:
1) index this document
2) by the way here are some important facets whilst your at it

Regards

Mark

Re: extract and add fields on the fly

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexandre,

I figured it out with this example,

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler

whereby you can add additional fields at upload/extract time

curl "
http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc4&captureAttr=true&defaultField=text&capture=div&fmap.div=foo_txt&boost.foo_txt=3&literal.blah_s=Bah"
-F "tutorial=@"help.pdf

and therefore I learned that you can't update a field that isn't in the
original which is what I was trying to do before.

Regards

Mark

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.
Use case is

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm looking to

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Pawloski <ap...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I may have misunderstood:

Are you talking about adding additional fields at indexing time? (Here I
would add the fields first *then* send to solr.)

Are you talking about updating a field withing an existing document in a
solr index? (In that case I would direct you here [1].)

Am I still misunderstanding?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Updating+Parts+of+Documents

Posted by Mark <ja...@gmail.com>.