Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/14 13:02:57 UTC

Ruby2JS 4.0.0+ creates syntax error for board/agenda/.. events.js.rb

Having unpinned Ruby2JS, I found that board/agenda no longer worked.

This turned out to be due to Ruby2JS generating a syntax error for events,js.rb.
This seems to have emerged in v4.0.0.

The symptom is a line of the form:

Events.broadcast(function(, ) {

which is a syntax error.

This is caused by the source line:

Events.broadcast json.reporter.merge(type: :reporter)

This error only seems to occur when eslevel: 5 is set.

The Gemfile for board/agenda has been reverted to Ruby2JS v3.6.1 and
the app now works.

Sebb

Re: Ruby2JS 4.0.0+ creates syntax error for board/agenda/.. events.js.rb

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
Fixed, thanks!

I'll start a thread on board@ about dropping support for IE.

- Sam Ruby