Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by "Cwik, Jan" <Ja...@sabre-holdings.com> on 2007/12/12 14:51:22 UTC

JbiConstants.SENDER_ENDPOINT property not set on MEX

Hi,

It seems that upon invoking a service from within the bpel the property
JbiConstants.SENDER_ENDPOINT ("org.apache.servicemix.senderEndpoint") is
not set on MEX.

I have a servicemix exchange listener and when messages comes to this
listener I'm not able to say from where it is. Please advise what to do
? Is it a bug or I need to do something to make ODE setting this
property.

regards
jan

Re: JbiConstants.SENDER_ENDPOINT property not set on MEX

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Well, Alex may comment on this, but there is no simple way to pass
informations from an input exchange to an output exchange.  At least, all
JBI properties are lost in the process.  We have already talked about that
on this list some time ago ...

But I agree, that a simple solution that only works in 90% is better than
nothing at all imho.  We just need to discuss the problem and have the
limitations stated clearly.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
As I said, this leads to a problem when the BPEL process has multiple
<provides/> tags, which is allowed.

IMHO, it seems the info we are really missing is a way to know, for a given
bpel process, the list of <provides/> and <consumes/> elements.  If we can
retrieve this list at runtime, we could draw the link between the jbi
provider endpoint activated by Ode for the <provides/> element and the
partner link that is used when sending the JBI exchange.

Another way would be to activate an external endpoint to represent this
"consumer endpoint" and associate it with the EPR of the partnerlink /
myRole.   But still, the relationship between the two JBI endpoints can't
really be known without an additional metadata.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 17, 2007 3:50 PM, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> wrote:

> I think it's different than the correlationId case, which is meant to
> track
> the end-to-end processing of a given request.

Yeah.  The purpose is really different, but I meant the problem is related
to the fact that BPEL often have multiple provider endpoints so that they
receive exchanges from different consumers.

> In this case, I was thinking about sending the partnerLink's myRole
> endpoint
> (if any).   My only issue is the encoding of the endpoint as a String.
>  I'm
> not sure how ServiceMix treats the String.
>
> What do you think?

This information is used to be able to draw some diagrams (as in
http://servicemix.apache.org/visualisation.html) or such tasks related to
the flow of information inside ServiceMix.   If the value sent is not the
same as the one that receives the JBI exchange, the whole flow won't be
viewed.  The information can still be used by a router of something like
that, so there is still some value in it.

Jan, can you comment on your exact need ?  What would you use this value for
?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--