Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato <we...@cienciapura.com.br> on 2001/12/18 19:27:44 UTC

Re: Tomcat 3.3 deployment - last minute problem

Hi all,

I'm investigating this problem and may found something. The html that is
pushed to my browser is definitely pure Unicode ( UTF8 ), so somehow the
HTML bytes are not been properly translated to chars. Where can I look in
the code to make some tests ?

Thanks
Renato.

> From: "Renato"
> Date: Fri Dec 14 15:19:28 2001
> To: "Tomcat Developers List" ,
> Tomcat Developers List ,
> ,
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 3.3 deployment - last minute problem
>
> Hi,
>
> This is what I'm using:
>

> I saw the servlet generated in the work directory and it actually write
the
> response.setContentType("text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1")
>
> ( default type in server.xml is set to ISO-8859-1 too )
>
> How can I know the charset of Linux ? ( I'll STW of course.. :)) )
>
> Thanks for the promptness !
>
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:48:31 -0800 (PST), escreveu :
>
> > On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Renato wrote:
> >
> > > *** HTML pages with latin characters don't display correctly on Linux
> ***
> > >
> > > ( JSP file with: )
> > > Ex:
> �����
>

> > > It's maybe a problem with the locale variables on my Linux, which I
> don't
> > > quite understand ( tried LC_ALL, LANG, LC_CTYPE and it didn't work )
or

Posted by Renato <we...@cienciapura.com.br>.
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help.

I found out the problem. It was jikes. I was using jikes in the
JspInterceptor and somewhat it wasn't working.

Now, I will upgrade all my user base to Tomcat 3.3 :))

Renato.

help@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Tomcat 3.3 deployment - last minute problem

Posted by timothy <ti...@strategus.com.hk>.
Hi all,

i also investigating this problem a little bit,  my solution to this is use
a filter to convert all the income request's data to UTF8.  and generate JSP
by UTF8 encoding.

it work quite good. but the problem is my backend database must have UTF8
support

Posted by timothy <ti...@strategus.com.hk>.
Hi all,