Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/03/07 21:24:50 UTC

Vysper release?

Hi

How about making a first release of Vysper? I think got more than
enough functionality for a first milestone.

/niklas

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>>> I think, a 0.5 release number would sound right.
>>
>> I have no really opinion on the version numbering besides noting that
>> we've used milestones (1.0-M1, 1.0-M2...) for MINA and FtpServer.
>
> Of course we could align this with MINA best practice.
>
> However, I think a 1.0-XXX notation would be a little bit misleading
> feature-completelyness-wise.

How about starting with 0.1 release and them pumping up the versions?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> I think, a 0.5 release number would sound right.
>
> I have no really opinion on the version numbering besides noting that
> we've used milestones (1.0-M1, 1.0-M2...) for MINA and FtpServer.

Of course we could align this with MINA best practice.

However, I think a 1.0-XXX notation would be a little bit misleading
feature-completelyness-wise.

  Bernd

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> I think, a 0.5 release number would sound right.

I have no really opinion on the version numbering besides noting that
we've used milestones (1.0-M1, 1.0-M2...) for MINA and FtpServer.

> And I'd like to get the website ready beforehand.

Agreed, a basic website needs to be in place.

/niklas

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/10 11:29 PM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> How about making a first release of Vysper? I think got more than
>> enough functionality for a first milestone.
>>
> +1.
> I think, a 0.5 release number would sound right.
>
> And I'd like to get the website ready beforehand.

The best would be to update the MINA 2 web site.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> On 3/7/10 9:24 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> How about making a first release of Vysper? I think got more than
>> enough functionality for a first milestone.
>>
>> /niklas
>>

> Yeah, that would help the project to gain visibility.

That will be great. I've started to experiment with XMPP in the Apache
Tuscany project and Vysper is working well for me. It'll be useful to
get a release!

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Vysper release?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1,

I have been thinking about it for a while. It will attract more people
to Vysper.

thanks