Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bertty Contreras <be...@scalytics.io> on 2020/12/04 16:16:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Dear all,

Rodrigo and Bertty, Senior Software Engineers at Scalytics, are two of the
main developers of the Wayang system. We write to you because we would like
to bring your attention to our Proposal for Incubation in the Apache
foundation at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/WayangProposal

Please note that Wayang was named Rheem before, but we had to rename the
project because of trademark issues.
You can find the original project web page at:
https://rheem-ecosystem.github.io/

Best,
Bertty

AW: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Bernd,

I just didn't want to leave the impression, that "we're full". So if anyone here would be interested in joining, he/she is more than welcome.

I know that 3 is enough, but I also have seen that when starting with 3 initial mentors, usually 1 or 2 get lost some time after the incubation starts.

So I guess we'll start with the 3 we have and take care of finding new mentors as needed, if needed.

Chris

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Podling Mentor Count

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

> (C) We need to not chase away mentors so that podlings end up with ZERO
or ONE mentor. We need to find replacements and if we can’t we must retire
such podlings since we are not supporting them.

Heron may have 4 mentors listed, but we only have one active (Dave
Fisher).  Is it possible to correct this number to the count of active
mentors to reflect that podilings are in need of assistance?

I'd be willing to help mentor a podling.  I still have much to learn, but
if help is needed I am willing to lend a hand.

- Josh

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Note the change in subject.

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by jorge Arnulfo Quiané Ruiz <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jean,

Nice to e-meet you.
It is great to hear that you are interested in the Wayang proposal.
Absolutely, we would be more than happy to have you as a mentor +1

Best,
Jorge

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Alex,

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks ;)

I’m starting the deep dive review ;)

Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Lars George <la...@apache.org>.
Same here from me, +1 to have JB join the team!

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <al...@scalytics.io>.
Hey JB,

Re: [DISCUSS] Wayang Proposal