Posted to women@apache.org by Katie Capps Parlante <ca...@osafoundation.org> on 2005/11/20 22:35:31 UTC

introduction

Hi, I'm Katie Parlante, a programmer and dev manager at OSAF working on
Chandler, an open source personal information manager (calendar, tasks,
contacts, email, etc.). I work with Ted Leung (his day job at OSAF) and
was on a panel with Danese at a conference about women and computing.

I sort of fell into open source by joining OSAF -- my original passion
was cool interfaces that work well for users. I'm really glad I did,
though I must admit that the 2% female/male ratio on your average open
source project is a bit sobering. I'm personally interested in the
intersection between good UI design and open source projects, and the
intersection between getting women involved in technology and open
source projects.

As a young open source project, we at OSAF have been talking a lot about
how to become a thriving open community. We look to Apache as a source
of good ideas. Given these interests, this list seems like an
interesting set of people to talk to.

Cheers,
Katie