Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Bar Piglanski <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 13:36:31 UTC

volunteer to translate the OpenOffice software to HEBREW

Hello,
I'd like to help finish the openOffice transalte to hebrew.

Please priovide me information how can I do it,
thanks!

Re: volunteer to translate the OpenOffice software to HEBREW

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.
Windows 7 uses a different format, you can't use a .dmg file on that kind
of machine (Maybe as a compressed archive but nothing more than that).

Yaron Shahrabani

<Hebrew translator>

Posted by Anupong Chaiwong <an...@gmail.com>.
I cannot open :

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.
Happily testing Hebrew build on Mac 10.9.2 :)
Note, Jürgen, that the Readme for Mac is outdated ("e.g. MacOSX 10.4
(Tiger) [or higher]"), and written in LTR, instead of setting RTL for
paragraphs.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 3/25/14 12:10 PM, Tal Daniel wrote:
> >> [Jürgen:] you can find a test version for MacOS under
> >>

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_MacOS_x86-64_install_he.dmg
> >>
> >> [Tal:] it requires Mac OS X 10.7
> >

> >> [Jürgen:] of course it does, that is a necessary step to move forward
> from
> >> deprecated API's to newer ones. Along overdue change that we have now
> >> made with the transition to a 64 bit version only on MacOS.
> >>
> >> I see. I'll consider upgrading to OS X 10.7. Thanks, anyway, for your
> > effort to release a build in Hebrew.BTW, are you planning a snapshot
> > release for Win too, in the near future?
> >

> yes, and I can try to provide a Hebrew build earlier ...
>
> Juergen

טל

Re: volunteer to translate the OpenOffice software to HEBREW

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/24/14 1:21 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 3/24/14 9:45 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>>> I marked them for review since I'm not sure in their translation. Does that
>>> adhere your from making a build/lang.pack?
>>>

>> I hope not but I would simply commit them, copy the links in an email
>> and ask for review on the mailing list. It sis always possible to
>> improve the translation over time and do reviews from time to time. Or
>> do changes based on feedback.
>>

> can you tell me on which system you are working normally? I assume
> Windows, correct?

Hi,

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/14 6:21 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 20/03/2014 Tal Daniel wrote:
>> Would you join the effort, and help finish the translation by 28/3?
>
> Note that 28/3 is unconfirmed, of course only Juergen can set deadlines
> since he knows how much effort it would be to get a new translation in.
> About files: https://translate.apache.org/he/aoo40/ please keep "swext"
> last, since it's an extension and I don't even know if we bundle it.

6 words need review and then the UI seems to be complete. I will merge
it in trunk and will prepare a first build. I expect potentially
problems with the help files ... We will see

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.
I don't have a clue what's Hilan Tek's translation, but your input would
help us improve.
Yaron, I'd like to focus on finishing the translation, making an AOO 4.1
release with this version with the translation, and then apply any
recommendations you'd have.

Would you join the effort, and help finish the translation by 28/3?

Thanks, Tal

--
טל

Re: volunteer to translate the OpenOffice software to HEBREW

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.
Gdrive sounds like a cool idea.
My ruleset is part of the Gezer project in Hamakor's wiki, we can discuss
it there as well if you want.

Kind regards,

Yaron Shahrabani

<Hebrew translator>

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
טל

Re: volunteer to translate the OpenOffice software to HEBREW

Posted by Yaron Shahrabani <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Forwarding the answer (below) to Bar, who is not subscribed. Andrea

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
טל