Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Forrest Li <yu...@rogers.com> on 2003/06/01 06:33:45 UTC

Is there any problem in installing xindice in tomcat on NT?

hi,Guys
I'm new in this project.
I tried to install xindice according to your "HOW-TO INSTALL XINDICE WITH TOMCAT"
What i did is:
1. Download the code from the website;
2. set ant environment variable;
3. run build.bat under the root of soure code;

But I cannot get the "dist" folder.

So I tried "build dist" command,
but after i entered the password for cvs, it hangs there.

so i skip the code for cvs, this time the DIST folder is created, but i cannot find the xindice-1.1b-examples.jar,xindice-1.1b.jar and xindice-1.1b.war

Does anyone know what's going on?

Mike

RE: Is there any problem in installing xindice in tomcat on NT?

Posted by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iverticalleap.com>.
First, it seems as though you've never had ant setup before.  Go to
ant.apache.org and make sure to follow the instructions, and test your
ant installation. (I believe this is the center of your problem)

Second, checkout the code from cvs.

Third, run build.bat.  There is no 'dist' target, so you will not have
any luck if you try running it via the command line you specified.
Build.bat will effectively run 'ant release'

-Kevin Ross