Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Manuel Alzola <ma...@wanadoo.es> on 2001/04/20 07:49:11 UTC

How can I further process the output of a producer?

Hello. I´ve written a producer that serves xml data from a database. When I invoke the producer from a page using
I get the correct xml output on the browser. But I have 2 questions.

    1- The first part of the url is a non existing file but I need it becouse the xml extension makes cocoon get invoked. Is this correct?
    2-I don´t know how to further process the xml. If I append

    result = "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>";
    result +="<?cocoon-process type='xslt'?>";
    result +="<?xml-stylesheet href='xsl/restaurantsfo1.xsl' type='text/xsl'?>";
    result +="<?cocoon-format type='text/xslfo'?>";
    result += myObject.getXML();

    StringReader reader = new StringReader(result);
    return reader;

to the begining of the producers output nothing happens.

    How can I further process the output of a producer?

    Thanks In advance
    Manuel